List:       bochs-dev
Subject:    Re: [Bochs-developers] The Bochs-HOWTO
From:       Bryce Denney <bryce () tlw ! com>
Date:       2001-05-30 12:46:06

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Danigo Ludovic wrote:

> I am willing to write an Howto for Bochs. What do you think about ?

Thanks for your offer!  Bochs documentation certainly needs some help.  I
think the idea of a howto for Bochs is a good one, but it seems like the
first priority should be to update the existing bochs documentation.
Howtos are usually in addition to the basic setup and install
instructions.  I have done only minor updates to docs-html since the
3/25/2000 version, but I know there are some really old references there.
Someone asked me recently, "Does redhat 7 work? The docs only talk about
Redhat 5.0."  :)

So IMHO this would be a better use of time right now than a new document.

> Advantage for you :
> First, you can concentrate on technical doc.
> Next, to achieve this howto Imust make diskimage, so you'll win a tester
> and an "imager".
> Next, the howto will be part of the LDP
>   - you redirect newbie there
>   - it can help increase your user base
> Next, I am french so the translation will always be up to date (does it
> matter for you ? :-) )
All of these are great reasons to have a HOWTO.
Would you be interested working on the HTML docs first?

Thanks,
Bryce