List:       bochs-dev
Subject:    Re: Minimal bochs
From:       "Kevin P. Lawton" <kevin () bochs ! com>
Date:       1999-10-28 3:10:49

Calvin Smith wrote:

> What is the minimal configuration for bochs?  i.e. 1 floppy disk, no hard
> drive, no cd-rom, no math, real-mode only, 8086 mode only.  etc. How can I
> configure for this?

int main(){return 0;}

That's about as small as I can make it.  It simulates
a 0.0000086 which has only the instruction NOP and
performs a HLT after execution of NOP.

If you don't turn on cdrom or math you won't get them
by default.  Its been a while since I supported < 386.
Its was too much of a pain.  Compile for 386.  Last
I remember you still need a minimal disk image file.

-Kevin