List:       bochs-dev
Subject:    release bochs-990925a
From:       "Kevin P. Lawton" <kevin () bochs ! com>
Date:       1999-09-25 18:13:37

ftp://bochs.com/pub/bochs-990925a.tar.gz

  <li> Generated new BIOS (bios/BIOS-bochs-990925a).
  <li> Fix to mouse BIOS code (int15h:c2:06:00).  The use of
       local code block/variables is not handled correctly by
       the bcc compiler.  Removed braces, and moved local variable
       to top level of function.
  <li> Fix to extended mem access BIOS function (int15h:87).
       This was killing Minix.
  <li> Fix to floppy.cc, was reading one extra sector.
  <li> Fix to Makefiles etc for compiling without floating point.
  <li> Minix boots again inside bochs.  Though, the keyboard code
       is not yet right for running Minix.  For some reason, if
       you comment out the 2 keyboard ACKs at lines 947 and
       966 in iodev/keyboard.cc, it works.

OK, I did get Minix booting again in bochs.  It's not perfect
yet, and you have to comment out a couple lines in keyboard.cc,
as per above.  Pretty hacky; I have to get the keyboard code
straightened out.

Also, there was a very hard to track down bug in the mouse
BIOS code (2nd entry above).  The bcc compiler handles only
basic K&R C.  It did not handle a local code block with
local variable properly.  I can't remember if K&R C is
supposed to support a local curly braced block, but at
any rate bcc didn't complain about it.  That one was
a real PITA to find.

-Kevin