List:       bochs-dev
Subject:    Re: Linux on bochs results..
From:       bochs () world ! std ! com (Kevin P Lawton)
Date:       1998-01-28 13:10:00

> Well, after reading the near-success story of someone booting Minix with
> bochs, I decided to grab the latest release and try it with FreeBSD 2&3
> and Linux (2.0.30 I think).  First I tried with FreeBSD and couldn't get
> it to work (Then I realized I needed the status=inserted stuff). After
> fixing my bochsrc, I booted it up (It seemed to initally startup faster
> than my 386/20), and it eventually died (from bochs.out):

I realize Linux won't boot yet.  All the errors you reported
are good signs, that Bochs is right on track.  Linux is
trying to use features which I have not yet implemented
yet.  It's a pleasure to see this, as it beats the heck
out of diagnosing bugs!!!

Anyhow, perhaps I'll work on getting Linux to boot in
the near future.

-Kevin