List:       bochs-dev
Subject:    need ICE information
From:       bochs () world ! std ! com (Kevin P Lawton)
Date:       1998-01-14 13:42:04

All,

I'm looking around for an ICE type of product to do
some validation testing on Bochs x86 emulation. (currently
386)

What I'd like to do is run a real 386 in lock-step
with bochs, and compare results, and print differences
in flags, registers, etc.

The product needs to work with either/or a Linux/x86
system or SPARC/Solaris 2.x system.

I figured some of you have played around with an ICE
system, so I'm hoping you can pass on some info.  For
now I'll need a product that incorporates a 386, and
can handle all the modes of that chip. (protected,
16/32bit, paging, etc)

Later, I'd like to move on to a similar product which
handles 486, Pentium, ...

I think this will really go a long way towards validation
of the emulation model.  And speed up bug finding.
Thanks in advance.

-Kevin Lawton
Bochs Software Company