List:       bochs-dev
Subject:    Re: [Bochs-developers] enable nic support on bochs
From:       Volker Ruppert <Volker.Ruppert () t-online ! de>
Date:       2013-08-11 8:05:24

Hi!

> the error line is :
>
>   00000000000p[E1000] >>PANIC<< execlp() failed: no such file or directory.
>
> and my bochrc is : e1000: enabled=1, mac=52:54:00:12:34:56, ethmod=slirp
>
> where is wrong £¿

When using the networking module "slirp", you need to specify the
location of the slirp executable with the "script" parameter. If you
don't have slirp installed, you need to use another "ethmod" value.
Please see the user documentation for available choices.

The next Bochs version may have a better "slirp" implementation, since
I'm planning to port it's sources to Bochs. The best solution would be
the integration of the slirp stuff in the Bochs executable, since no
external program would be required then.

--
Volker