List:       bochs-dev
Subject:    Re: [Bochs-developers] question installing  XP 64 bit
From:       "Stanislav Shwartsman" <stlintel () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-11 20:30:59

Your question sounds Chinese to me :(

Stanislav

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastian Herbszt [mailto:herbszt@gmx.de]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:40 PM
To: Stanislav Shwartsman; 'Michael Reichenbach';
bochs-developers@lists.sourceforge.net

Stanislav Shwartsman wrote:

> Bochs 2.3.7 have complete support of x86-64.
> There are very small known issues but they cannot be gating for ANY x86-64
> code.
> The problem both with WinXP64 and WinVista64 is BIOS ACPI requirements.
> The ACPI is still black magic for me so I have no idea what WinXP64 needs
> boot but I have a prove that BIOS is the only issue here.
> Latest ACPI patch didn't help either :(

Does Vista64 halt with a STOP message 0xA5 (http://imagebin.org/25860) as
described in http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/9/6/68 ?
Unfortunatelly i was not able to find what parameter 0x1000B means. It is
not
described at
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B256841&x=17&y=14
(the link does only apply to Windows 2000).

- Sebastian