List:       bochs-dev
Subject:    Re: [Bochs-developers] State of the save/restore
From:       "Stanislav Shwartsman" <stlintel () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-10 15:30:32

It is all about devices internals ...
You need to know which variables to store from, say, VBE device, and how
restore them correctly.
For some cases it is also not enough just to restore the value and put into
appropriate variable.
Sometimes the fact that some variable contains some specific value means
that some service must be started and work - like timer, memory access
handler or I/O  port handler. I guess this kind of issue we have here ...

Stanislav