List:       bochs-dev
Subject:    [Bochs-developers] Need to debug keyboard driver
From:       pushkar rajkarnikar <pushkar_buet () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2007-10-01 2:05:52

Hi,

I have installed WinXP SP1 as guest OS on top of Linux
2.6 host. I need to debug the windows keyboard driver.
When I press a key, the keyboard interrupt will fire,
it'll look into the IDT (interrup descriptor table)
for the address of interrup request handler and
eventually execute the code or interrup request
handler for the keyboard.

Now, I need to look into each of these steps
instruction by instruction.

How should i proceed?

I've a compiled bochs on Linux 2.6 host from source
and configured it with --enable-disam
--enable-debugger....
I can see the huge list of instruction scrolling fast
when i run bochs with "trace on".  How can i stop
exactly to the point where I want (the keyboard
interrupt and keyboard interrupt request handler)???

Thanks in Advance,
ShreyasR