List:       bochs-dev
Subject:    Re: [Bochs-developers] QNX 6 on Bochs 2.2
From:       Colin Burgess <colin.burgess () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-06-22 12:56:38

But it's only an exception when we try to do a task switch with an limit < 67H
We don't actually ever switch tasks the intel way.  Boch's is faulting
on the ltr
instruction, which specifically (according to the ia32 sdm) does not
perform a task switch.
Nor does it list #TS as a possible exception.

Boch's also faults when checking for IO access. Well since we don't
have an IO map (the tr.limit does not contain the IO bitmap base) then
it should check based on IOPL
only.

We may be doing things in a weird way, but it does work on real
hardware and on vmware.

--
colin.burgess@gmail.com