List:       bochs-dev
Subject:    RE: [Bochs-developers] Floppy Emulation
From:       "Fuller, Sean" <sean.fuller () cubic ! com>
Date:       2004-07-26 18:17:19

Thanks so much for your help.  After I updated the BIOS it works much
better.  I went back to the place I got the FreeDOS boot image and saw where
it warned against running old BIOS images.  Sorry I didn't see that.  Also
the ips=15000000 was causing it to run slow.  I assume that is instructions
per second.  I was able to boot and run the Menuet operating system.  It was
too slow to be usable, but it did work.  Here's my bochsrc.

romimage: file=$BXSHARE/BIOS-bochs-latest, address=0xf0000
vgaromimage: $BXSHARE/VGABIOS-elpin-2.40
megs: 32
floppya: 1_44="mos076.img", status=inserted
boot: a
log: out.bochs
mouse: enabled=0

I'm thinking about trying to install GEM next.  I wonder if anybody has
tried that.

Also, should I send a zip of this to somebody so they can put it on the list
of operating system images?