List:       bochs-dev
Subject:    [Bochs-developers] Bochs on VMS
From:       Graham Burley <burley () Encompasserve ! org>
Date:       2001-12-29 18:40:58

I've been tinkering with BOCHS on VMS ...

I've had success building versions 1.2.1 and 1.3 on VMS on Alpha, these
work well enough to boot, install, and run Linux and DOS.

One of the main issues porting stuff to VMS is working around the unix
shell assumptions of configure and makefiles, so I've hacked up a VMS
build procedure. Unfortunately, this is Bochs version specific and uses
fixed configure options.

I've put together a kit to build 1.3 that can be found here:

  http://www.encompasserve.org/~burley/bochs-1_3_vms.zip

The zip file includes a DCL (VMS shell) build procedure and some VMS
specific code for limited CD-ROM support.

I'm not sure how much more I'll do on this but it's been fun getting this
far! Thankyou Bochs Developers!

Graham Burley