List:       bochs-dev
Subject:    [Bochs-developers] patch for ne2k
From:       "Mike Lerwill" <mike () homemjl ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-12-13 22:16:02

The attached patch file addresses the following problems

1.	When nt4 initialises it's ne2000 adaptor it walks up through memory 0x400
bytes at a time. Because of the <= comparison in chipmem_read and
chipmem_write
the last block it tries actually overwrites the s.base_address location. The
first
two hunks of the patch fix this.

2.	NT4 writes odd length packets. This fails because it is doing it in 16
bit
transfers followed by a (possibly invalid) 8 bit transfer. I assume this
works simply
because it gets it onto the correct half of the data bus. The next part of
the patch
addresses this by allowing a io_len of 1 when in 16 bit mode and then copes
with the
count then becoming less than zero.

The rest of the patch just enhances some of the debug information.

With this in place and some changes to eth_win32.cc (to follow once I've
checked it
more thoroughly) NT4 boots satisfactorily and can browse my local network
without any
problem.

Hope the above helps

Mike Lerwill