List:       bleeding-sigs
Subject:    Re: [Be] [Bleeding-sigs] testing bleeding-sigs
From:       "David L. Taylor" <david.l.taylor () sensorynetworks ! com>
Date:       2007-12-19 4:23:27

dhottinger@harrisonburg.k12.va.us wrote:
> Quoting System Administrator <be@sensorynetworks.com>:
>
>> I received a report of a problem with the mailing lists.  It looks like
>> spamassassin had died.  This test is to see if everything is A-OK again.
>>
>> Once the problem is resolved we will look into further improving the
>> monitoring of services running on bleedingthreats.net.
>>
>> I apologise for any inconvenience this downtime may have caused.
>>
>> Please feel free to report any problems to bleeding@bleedingthreats.net
>> or be@sensorynetworks.com.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> David Taylor.
>>

> Wow.  No network monitoring like nagios?

Hi.

Yes, there is monitoring (a combination of nagios and monit).
Unfortunately, although the mailing lists were down, all other e-mail
continued to work so the problem was not detected by our current
monitoring setup.  Now that I've fixed the problem I'm improving the
monitoring and adding additional tests for services.

I saw the mailing list problem reported on #bleeding-edge in the history
of my IRC client.  Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee I will see all such
reports on IRC and in a timely fashion.  As always, please report any
problems to bleeding@bleedingthreats.net or be@sensorynetworks.com.

Again, I apologise for any inconvenience this downtime caused.

Kind regards,
David Taylor.