List:       bleeding-sigs
Subject:    RE: [Bleeding-sigs] FP for CoolDeskAlert/ Sig 2003463
From:       "Michael Scheidell" <scheidell () secnap ! net>
Date:       2007-03-08 1:42:00

IF the google host string is consistent.

(and, yes, negating via UA is easy)

Just look at what is happening with some of these viruses, starting,
what was it, a month ago, 6:30 one Sunday am (eastern time)  all of a
sudden we get morphing trojan-downloaders, all off a few bytes.

However, real hackers (crackers?) don't really need to care about the
small, (infitnsimally small) number of companies that can actually track
them, I don't think they really care about snort/bleeding edge rules.

They can cause enough havoc with the people who won't even patch their
systems, let alone those who actually monitor them.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
SECNAP Network Security