List:       bleeding-sigs
Subject:    Re: [Bleeding-sigs] Rule Submit: Microsoft Windows DHCP ClientService
From:       "M. Shirk" <shirkdog_list () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-14 2:47:17

>From my favorite site NetworkSorcery.com

BOOTP/DHCP options. Variable length.
The first four bytes contain the (decimal) values 99, 130, 83 and 99. This
is the same magic cookie as has been defined for BOOTP. The remainder of the
field consists of a list of tagged parameters that are called options. All
of the vendor extensions used by BOOTP are also DHCP options.

So how many different options??
http://www.networksorcery.com/enp/default0801.htm

When I was pissing around with this, I could not get by the option 15
length, then cutoff at the next tag because of the options having byte
values anywhere from 0x00-0xFF.

http://www.networksorcery.com/enp/protocol/bootp/option015.htm
http://www.networksorcery.com/enp/protocol/bootp/option015.htm#Domain%20name

The domain name length max is 255 0xFF, which is the same in the PoC. The
PoC was not working for me on a Windows XP SP1a box when issuing the DHCP
request. So you have a length value for the option 15, that at its max, is
still technically a normal packet, but suspicious :-)

Shirkdog
http://www.shirkdog.us