List:       bleeding-sigs
Subject:    [Bleeding-sigs] New SSL/TLS State Machine
From:       Matt Jonkman <matt () infotex ! com>
Date:       2006-07-05 14:54:25

Have a working string of sigs to identify a good ssl or tls session.
They're targeted now at high ports, over 8081. The impetus to create
this was a new bot that's using standard ssl for a command and control
session on a high port. This catches that.

If you're running ssl apps on high ports a suppress statement for the
first sigs in the chain, or the data sigs at the end will quiet it down
for you.

See the sigs here:
http://www.bleedingsnort.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/sigs/POLICY/POLICY_SSL_TLS_on_High_Port?view=markup

Please let me know if you can run sessions without these tripping. It's
set to get sslv2, sslv3, and most tls implementations. I'm sure there's
more than that to catch.

Matt

Matthew Jonkman, CISSP
Senior Security Engineer / CTO