List:       blackicedefender-technical
Subject:    Re: [bidworks] HELP!!!!!
From:       pcguy <pcguy () mailandnews ! com>
Date:       2000-09-23 1:13:07

Thousands of Great Jobs, One Great Location!
Austinatwork.com. Great Jobs, Great Life!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7847/8/_/168401/_/969671615/

At 08:09 PM 9/22/2000, Lisa wrote:

>I just did a virus scan about a half hour ago...lo and
>behold...somewhow the Backdoor Virus had installed itself in my
>BlackD .exe...since the infected file could not be repaired..removed
>or quarantined..i removed Blackice fully from my computer...and redid
>a virus scan..everything coming up clean..Now...here is the major
>problem!!...I came back here..redownloaded the Blackice recent update
>exe....went to install it...typing in my license key....and got
>this..the Backdoor was now in this file..C:\Program Files\Network
>ICE\BlackICE\bla4000.TMP....so i had it quarantined...which was
>successful...the Problem is now....i cannot install BI without that
>file!!..what can i do?...any help??...Desperate here!!

This is a false positive i.e. there is no virus in BLACKD.EXE repeat
there is no virus. Perform another update of Norton Antivirus as
Symantec has released updated signatures late today that has fixed the problem.