List:       blackicedefender-general
Subject:    Re: [bidgeneral] Re: Blackice not blocking Critical (Red) Attacks
From:       Tien Leung <tien_leung () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-09-18 17:51:56

Nothing.

That is a harmless attack!  I don't know why it's RED.
 It just means that you machine received a PING
response when it didn't send a PING request.

I didn't get an answer on whether you have opened any
specific ports.

You will get those SNMP attacks if UDP port 161, I
believe, is OPEN.

One thing to remember, a RED attack doesn't
necessarily mean that BlackICE will block it.  The
ICMP attack you mentioned below is probably not auto
IP-address blocked.
--Tien--

--- karinsgreenhair <karinsgreenhair@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- In bidgeneral@y..., "tien_leung"
> <tien_leung@y...> wrote:
> > I believe, for these attacks, BlackICE doesn't
> auto-block.
> >
> > By the way, you are at Paranoid; this means that
> you should not be
> > vulnerable to anything unless you've opened up
> certain ports.
> >
> > Do you know if you are running some kind of SNMP
> agent?  Anyway,
> > since you are running in Paranoid level I wouldn't
> worry about the
> > SNMP attack, unless you've opened the SNMP port
> explicitly.
> >

> Take a look at this attack while I was sleeping last
> night.
>
> Time, Event, Intruder, Count, Destination Port,
> Response Level,
> Parameter(s)
> 09/17/2002 02:47:04 AM, Echo reply without request,
> **.**.**.***, 1,
> 0, A,

count=3&id=0x0237|0x029A&data=0x676573756E64686569742100|0x

> Again, a red attack. Blackice did not block future
> packets.
>
> What's going on with this thing?
>
> :(

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines