List:       blackicedefender-general
Subject:    [bidgeneral] BID PC Protection question
From:       "kr8ze" <kr8ze () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-05-05 20:25:09

Has anybody figured a "E-Z" way to prevent the APP Protection
from auto-starting after a system reboot?

senario; a typical windows update, 1st turning off App Protection
and other progs running in background, doing the windows update
it requires a system reboot to complete. (ok) upon rebooting
the update needs to complete itself, but guess what BID APP Protection
autostarts preventing it from completing.

I have Both the desktop version & the server version and at least
on the desktop version it prompts with a install module, but on
the server version it doesn't. I found the only way to do a update
with out the annoying prompts or the update failure is to remove
BID from startup, reboot, update (restart if needed), then reapply
BID into startup. (YUCK!)

anybody have any easier way? Perhaps the guys as ISS read this
group and take suggestions, if so I think the APP Protection is
great, I just wish it had more control. perhaps a check box for
(x) disable autostart on bootup, or perhaps it keeps the same
state of config on a reboot (meaning) if its disabled then rebooted
it remains disabled until enabled manually.

Thanks in advance to any replies.

Kr8Ze

Tied to your PC? Cut Loose and
Stay connected with Yahoo! Mobile