List:       bitpim-devel
Subject:    [BitPim-devel] bitpim vs. CentOS 6
From:       Michael Hennebry <mhennebry () ymail ! com>
Date:       2015-11-28 3:33:16

bitpim's latest and greatest rpm appears to be for CentOS 4.5,
which is EOL.
I'm running CentOS 6,
so it appears I'm stuck with using the source.

There seems to be some roadblocks along the way.
First checkout seem to be incorrect:
[hennebry@localhost bitpim]$ svn checkout \
                https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bitpim/code/trunk/bitpim  # one line
A    bitpim/examples/sanyo4900read_public.txt
U   bitpim
svn: warning: Error handling externals definition for 'bitpim/buildrelease':
svn: warning: Repository moved permanently to \
'https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bitpim/code/subprojects/buildrelease/trunk'; please \
relocate Checked out revision 4835.
I do not unerstand this.

Also, bitpim claims to require rather old versions of its dependencies.
My CentOS has old versions of what it has,
but bitpim claims to require older.
Are those really the requirements?
Can I use more current versions?
It might be tricky getting CentOS and bitpim versions of things to coexist.

Where are the build instructions.

Are there any other developers?
Has bitpim been abandoned?