List:       bitpim-devel
Subject:    Re: [BitPim-devel] Exception in BitPim 1.0.6 and 1.0.7.20081215
From:       MBR <mbr () arlsoft ! com>
Date:       2009-02-08 20:50:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

About a week ago I submitted stack traces of a crash in BitPim.  Since
then, there's been no indication that anyone's received what I sent.

I do understand that everyone here is a volunteer.  And I most certainly
don't want to replicate the behavior of the sort of people described at
http://www.bitpim.org/help "No support on bitpim-user", where it
describes the offensive behavior of the people who became the reason
nobody's willing to even try to help with serial port issues any more.

Nevertheless, having submitted stack traces and received no
acknowledgement that anyone got them has the feeling of sending them
into a black hole.  I'd be satisfied, even if the response was something
like, "We got your bug report, but we don't have anyone available to
look at it, and we have no idea whether or when we ever will."  Of
course, I'd be even happier if someone familiar with the code were
actually available to look at the crash.

    Mark Rosenthal