List:       bitpim-devel
Subject:    Re: [BitPim-devel] hitting breakpoints in PythonWin
From:       Jim Miller <jamespmiller () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-18 0:24:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I gave up on PythonWin and tried Komodo IDE 4.  I was able to set breakpoints and \
step throught the code, see stack and values in the background thread no problem.
Jim Miller

From: jamespmiller@hotmail.comTo: bitpim-devel@lists.sourceforge.netDate: Thu, 11 Sep \
2008 17:07:40 -0700Subject: [BitPim-devel] hitting breakpoints in PythonWin

Hello, I'm new to Python, new to PythonWin, and new to BitPim.  I have installed all \
the tools and source and have BitPim running in PythonWin and talking with my phone \
(Moto K1m).  My task is to understand the brew protocol and to do that I want to step \
through the brew code using PythonWin.  My problem is that I can't get PythonWin to \
break at the breakpoints I've set in com_brew.py.  I've searched the archive and \
didn't find anything about this issue. Thanks for any help you can give me, Jim \
Miller

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
<BR>I gave up on PythonWin and tried Komodo IDE 4.&nbsp; I was able to set \
breakpoints and step throught the code, see stack and values&nbsp;in the background \
thread no problem.<BR> &nbsp;<BR>
Jim Miller<BR><BR>

<HR>
<BR>
From: jamespmiller@hotmail.com<BR>To: bitpim-devel@lists.sourceforge.net<BR>Date: \
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:07:40 -0700<BR>Subject: [BitPim-devel] hitting breakpoints in \
PythonWin<BR><BR> <META content="Microsoft SafeHTML" name=Generator>
<STYLE>
.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P
{padding:0px;}
.ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage
{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}
</STYLE>
Hello,<BR>&nbsp;<BR>I'm new to Python, new to PythonWin, and new to BitPim.&nbsp; I \
have installed all the tools and source and have BitPim running in PythonWin and \
talking with my phone (Moto K1m).&nbsp; My task is to understand the brew protocol \
and to do that I want to step through the brew code using PythonWin.&nbsp; My problem \
is that I can't get PythonWin to break at the breakpoints I've set in \
com_brew.py.&nbsp; I've searched the archive and didn't find anything about this \
issue.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Thanks for any help you can give me,<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Jim \
Miller<BR><BR></body> </html>