List:       bitpim-devel
Subject:    Re: [BitPim-devel] BitPIM 1.0.5 bug report - missing DLL
From:       Ken Schnell <kennethpschnell () comcast ! net>
Date:       2008-08-05 6:19:26

But according to that guy - he points you to MS for instructions on how
to build FILES you already have. There is no licensing listed for that
particular dll that I have found and nothing to state it can be freely
distributed, and MS even has in some licensing a refusal of license if
the software you develop is open source or is given away at NO Charge.

Hollis Waite wrote:
> On startup, BitPIM reports that it cannot find msvcp71.dll.  Subsequently, the \
> program is terminated.  Manually downloading the DLL rectifies this problem but, \
> according to some random guy on the Internet \
> (forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1151823&SiteID=1), the application \
> developer is responsible for ensuring the library's presence.
>
> Microsoft Windows XP
> Tablet PC Edition 2005
> Version 2002
> Service Pack 2