List:       bitpim-devel
Subject:    Re: [BitPim-devel] Voyager/Venus calendar patch
From:       "Joe Pham" <djpham () netzero ! com>
Date:       2007-11-30 3:37:39

> - Write correct firmware version/ESN in the serial number field of
> calendar entries.

Did you determine the essential values of this field (ie, can some of them be 0x00 or \
0xff or don't care.  Also, I noticed the VX8550 has '0x000000ca-..' while the VX8800 \
has '0x000000cc-..', not sure if it makes any differences or not.

You may also need to deconflict between the 'ringpath' and 'serial_number' field.

> - Write correct firmware version/ESN in the serial number field of
> calendar entries.

It appears that the VX8800 needs to have the full 300 entries.  Can the empty entries \
have any values (don't care garbage), or need they have all 0xff?  In any case, I'd \
suggest creating the empty entries/buffers in the protocol file instead.

-Joe Pham