List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    [Bitkeeper-users] bkd and dropped connections
From:       Castor Fu <castor () 3pardata ! com>
Date:       2006-07-11 18:33:09

We have a user who has been trying to 'push' from a windows client
to a bkd over a flaky network connection.  When the connection dies,
the bk daemon process  which was fired off to handle the push is still
alive, and I get to go and clean things up manually.

Shouldn't the bkd timeout the connection at some point?  I'm hoping
that this is fixed in 4.0...

     -castor

:toolchest;  bk version
BitKeeper/Pro,bkweb version is bk-3.2.4 20050514150839 for x86-glibc22-linux
Built by: lm@redhat71.bitmover.com in /build/bk-3.2.x-lm/src
Built on: Sat May 14 08:18:52 PDT 2005
Running on: Linux 2.4.17