List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    [Bitkeeper-users] Same key errors on pull
From:       Mike Marty <mikem () cs ! wisc ! edu>
Date:       2005-11-21 21:07:13

I have a user trying to pull new changes from the parent repository.  He
is getting errors like below (... denotes a snip).  We would like help on
interpreting the errors and on what problems we need to solve.

Thanks,
Mike

check: BitKeeper/RENAMES/SCCS/s.2 should be
microbenchmarks/transactional/shared-counter/SCCS/s.count_trans.C

Same key
kmoore@pinot.cs.wisc.edu|microbenchmarks/transactional/shared-counter/count_trans.C|20051110165631|04964|5245ef2c39279c78
 used by
        microbenchmarks/transactional/shared-counter/count_trans.C
        BitKeeper/RENAMES/2

We tried doing a "bk -r check -a -f" on the repository and got these
errors:

check: trying to fix names...
microbenchmarks/transactional/exposed-test/makefile.gen has been modified,
needs delta.
names: microbenchmarks/transactional/exposed-test/makefile.gen is edited
and modified
Wimping out on this rename
Can't rename BitKeeper/RENAMES/SCCS/s.1 ->
microbenchmarks/transactional/shared-counter/SCCS/s.COUNT_Lock_MCS
REASON: destination exists.
ERROR: File left in BitKeeper/RENAMES/SCCS/s.1
Can't rename BitKeeper/RENAMES/SCCS/s.2 ->
microbenchmarks/transactional/shared-counter/SCCS/s.count_trans.C
REASON: destination exists

Rebuilding idcache
ROOTKEY
kmoore@pinot.cs.wisc.edu|microbenchmarks/transactional/shared-counter/COUNT_Lock_MCS|20051110165629|29907|d30b781bb6f2676
  used by
microbenchmarks/transactional/shared-counter/SCCS/s.COUNT_Lock_MCS
        and by  BitKeeper/RENAMES/SCCS/s.1

Not updating idcache due to dups.
Check FAILED, contact BitMover.
resolve: RESYNC directory left intact.