List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Re: [Bitkeeper-users] Csetprune Existing Repositories
From:       Matthew Knepley <knepley () mcs ! anl ! gov>
Date:       2005-08-31 14:17:07

Bradford Beckmann <beckmann@cs.wisc.edu> writes:

> BK,
>
> I used the command 'bk csetprune' to permanently remove several 100 MBs of
> files that was accidentally checked into a bk repository.  Most of the
> files were initially deleted by the 'bk rm' command, but all that did was
> move the files to the BitKeeper/deleted/SCCS directory.  The csetprune was
> successful in significantly reducing the size of the parent repository,
> however, it appears that now all child repositories can no longer pull
>>From the parent.
>
> Are all child repositories permanently disjointed from the parent
> repository?  Is there any way to resync the child repositories with the
> parent?

  Yes, it changes the root key. I do not believe you can resync them.
Before csetprune you should always have all children push changes, and
them reclone after the prune.

  If you want to preserve work, you can export patches, and then import
them into the new clone.

     Matt
--
"Failure has a thousand explanations. Success doesn't need one" -- Sir Alec Guiness