List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Re: [Bitkeeper-users] How to access local BK repositories after 1st
From:       lm () bitmover ! com (Larry McVoy)
Date:       2005-04-19 0:37:21

> I was specifically asking about single-user repositories that use
> the open logging facility and are not hosted at bkbits.  With some
> script hackery I was able to create a series of patches between the
> main changesets (those named 1.x), which is enough for my purpose.

I have an engineer working on a solution to this problem for repositories
such as yours.  The trick is to export each cset on top of the previous
one.  So for each cset you do the equiv of "bk -r edit" in the other
SCM, export -tplain -k on top of the files, then checkin the result.

It's brute force but for a one time export it works.  As soon as Sylvain
gets done with his script I'll have him post it here, he's wacking on
a bk2cvs script based on this idea.
--
---
Larry McVoy                lm at bitmover.com           http://www.bitkeeper.com