List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Re: [Bitkeeper-users] bkd does not serve html on Windows
From:       Larry McVoy <lm () bitmover ! com>
Date:       2004-09-17 4:48:01

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 09:28:02PM -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Nadim El-Fata wrote:
>
> >One reason I wouldn't want to use bkbits.net would be for code exposure,
> >as I wouldn't mind exposing the changeset comments/changes, after all
> >nothing is for free.
>
> If you don't have a commercial BK license, and you want to run BK/Web,
> then your code will be exposed as soon as someone finds your server. You

Indeed.  Let's be clear on something, the free version of BK is intended
for the people who are working out in the open and sharing their code
with the world.  If you are not doing that then we do have the right to
force you to do that, read the license.  If you are helping other people
then we want to help you.  If you are helping yourself, you either need
to pay us or find a different SCM system.
--
---
Larry McVoy                lm at bitmover.com           http://www.bitkeeper.com