List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Re: [Bitkeeper-users] WARNING: deleting orphan file
From:       Måns_Rullgård <mru () kth ! se>
Date:       2004-07-26 18:54:15

Bryan O'Sullivan <bos@serpentine.com> writes:

> On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 17:13 +0200, Måns Rullgård wrote:
>
>> BTW, it would be nice if messages could be tagged such that it was
>> easy to see which are generated locally and which are from the remote
>> side.
>
> Seconded.
>
> In a similar vein, I get confused questions from users every so often
> when triggers fail.  They're always post-incoming triggers, so they
> can't harm anything, but they look scary.  It would be nice to have BK
> read stdout and stderr from children and, if it reads anything, print a
> notice saying who the message is coming from before it writes.

This would be very nice too.

I also have another small complaint on the same subject.  I have some
repositories with post-incoming triggers that push to bkbits.net, and
the progress bar from the consistency check after that push goes all
over my terminal, like this:

resolve: running consistency check, please wait...

Sometimes other lines printed from bkbits.net get clipped and jumbled
in strange ways.  It's harmless but confusing.  Any ideas what causes
it?

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@kth.se