List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    [Bitkeeper-users] triggers obscure things
From:       Francois Guy <guyfr () touchtunes ! com>
Date:       2004-03-25 16:09:57

i have a pre-apply.makepatch on server which do

bk send -d  -r ${CSET_IDS[0]}..${CSET_IDS[$NUM_CSETS]} - >$TT_TMP_FILE
and later does this command

TT_TICKET_NUM=`grep "ID:" $TT_TMP_FILE|sed 's|ID:||g'|sed 's|c
||g'|uniq|head -n 1`

wich looks for a certain pattern. All of this works fine except in one
situation. If i do a "bk push -a" (and if the server was ahead of me),
all hell break loose...

..maybe not, but i seem to loose some my previous commit message.

Here's what's the result of bk send...

This BitKeeper patch contains the following changesets:
1.2.1.1..1.4

# This is a BitKeeper patch.  What follows are the unified diffs for the
# set of deltas contained in the patch.  The rest of the patch, the part
# that BitKeeper cares about, is below these diffs.
# User: guyfr
# Host: guyfr.touchtunes.com
# Root: /home/guyfr/trigger_tester/RESYNC

If i do a bk citool, it says nothing to commit...

Where did my patch go? Is there a way (aside commiting a "fake" modif on
a file) to resolve/retrieve my commit?

Thank you for taking the time of reading(hopefully answering) me.

Francois
--
He who laughs last is probably your boss.