List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Re: [Bitkeeper-users] [BK] http://www.openlogging.org
From:       TK Soh <teekaysoh () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-02-29 1:08:33

--- Larry McVoy <lm@bitmover.com> wrote:
> We seem to have worked the bugs out so you can now get correct results on
> the pages.  We're limiting the summaries to projects that have changed
> in the last 6 months, the table of projects is way too large otherwise.
> We'll probably move old projects to archive.openlogging.org and index
> them there for people who are digging for history.

Limiting the summary would certainly help easy the bandwidth issue - many
people out there still rely on a 56K modem. Here are my suggestions:

1. the 6-month limit should be indicated somewhere on top of the log;
2. a link to let user browse the older projects, redirecting
   to archive.openlogging.org perhaps.
3. same ways to allow visitors to limit the log by preferences
   (keywords in description, contact, last 5 days, etc)