List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Re: [Bitkeeper-users] Moving a repo
From:       Wayne Scott <wscott () bitmover ! com>
Date:       2004-02-18 12:07:00

From: Andrew Walrond <andrew@walrond.org>
> If I have a cloned repo, tar it up, scp to another machine, untar and start
> using it there, can bad things happen? Like when bk does it's occasional
> 'check license with bitmover' type stuff?
>
> I just wondering if that might be the reason behind some wierd occasional
> problems I have seen (as reported in previous email 'bk resolve failed')
> Perhaps its confused over it's hostname or something?

There should be no problem with this.  The primary risk of moving
repositories is that you might copy files with pending deltas that are
not yet in a csets.  Then if you do a commit in both copies, you will
get the same delta existing in two different csets.

The paranoid can run this in the new repo after you copy:
    bk sfiles -pAC | bk stripdel -
That deletes all pending deltas.

BTW: The problems you are describing are not caused by the problem I
described above so I think they are unreleated to copying repos.

-Wayne