List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Re: [Bitkeeper-users] retrieving open logging information from a website
From:       Larry McVoy <lm () bitmover ! com>
Date:       2004-02-13 15:16:49

It's coming back.  We're fixing it this week or next.  When it is back it
will be at www.openlogging.org.

This is a long shot, but because the openlogging stuff is for the benefit
of the community, so people can watch what is going on, it is not as high
on our priority list as it should be (fixing bugs, adding features, etc.
comes first).  If someone out there wanted to step up and volunteer to
work on the web interface to the data (our interface was weak to say the
least) please send us mail and we'll get you an account on the machine
and show you how the data is currently generated.

What I'm talking about, for those of you who have forgotten what it looked
like, is that we currently generate a single web page with all projects
on it (we have N of these, where there are N columns and each page is sorted
on a different column).

The whole thing looked pretty weak and could use a good web hacker to clean
it up and make it pretty.  In this particular case (and only in this case)
I'd be willing to install php/zope/whatever.  The server is a Linux box and
we don't ship it so there are no support/multi-platform issues.

In general, we could use some more web/eye candy help and if this sort of
thing is what you like to do maybe the openlogging cleanups would lead to
a job.  The right person would know web stuff backwards and forwards and
could actually make things look pretty without depending on php/whatever
because we could use some help on BK/Web too and that is just straight
HTML generated from C.

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 04:04:48PM +0100, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:
> Hello,
> there was a website some time ago where I could look at my openlogging
> data. Does this site still exists? I can't find it anymore. I only find
> the site with the projects that are also hosted by bitmover.com .
>
> 	Thomas

---
Larry McVoy                lm at bitmover.com           http://www.bitkeeper.com