List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Re: [Bitkeeper-users] using bitkeeper on machine that *never* get's
From:       Nathan Binkert <binkertn () umich ! edu>
Date:       2004-02-11 2:39:19

> I don't see why 'bk log' can't be executed on an NFS directory, on the
> connected system, to flush all the stored logs to the openlogging server, every
> now and then. And by "why" I mean both license-wise and purpose-wise, that
> should work. Especially if username on both NFS systems matches.

I would *love* this feature.  That way I could make sure that before I go
on a trip, I can continue to use bitkeeper while I'm offline for a couple
weeks.  My experience with bitkeeper and openlogging while disconnected
has been very bad, since I always seem to have to connect to the
openlogging server, even when it's only been a couple days.

  Nathan