List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    [Bitkeeper-users] Can a trigger modify timestamps of files after a clone?
From:       "Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming () backtobasicsmgmt ! com>
Date:       2004-01-25 0:04:07

I'm tracking a GNU package in bitkeeper, and the package contains
generated files (man pages), along with the rules to regenerate them if
the source files change. When this tree is cloned using BK, the source
files and the generated files have the same timestamp, so the Makefiles
want to rebuild them when it is not necessary.

Is there some way to include a trigger in this repository to overwrite
the timestamps of the generated files after the clone operation is
complete? I'm currently using a "touch -d2020-01-01 ..." command to
force them into the future.