List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    [Bitkeeper-users] Tk issues on OSX
From:       Eric Wing <ewing2121 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-01-10 13:57:42

I'm trying to run Bitkeeper's Tk based tools on OS X.
I used to be able to run Bitkeeper through the native
Aqua version of Tcl/Tk found at tcl.sourceforge.net.

However, I recently upgraded to a newer versiom of
Bitkeeper. And now I can no longer run Bitkeeper's Tk
tools. I get the following error message (running
revtool):

Application initialization failed: no display name and
no $DISPLAY environment variable
Error in startup script: invalid command name "wm"
    while executing
"wm withdraw ."
    (file "/usr/local/bitkeeper/revtool" line 1)

I saw in the changelog that Tk now comes embedded with
Bitkeeper. I'm guessing that this is the reason I can
no longer run it. I presume there is some difference
about how the native Tk version runs.

I would like to be able to run the Bitkeeper Tk tools
again without having to install/run an X11 server.
Assuming my theory is correct, can you either provide
a Bitkeeper for OS X that doesn't embed Tk or provide
one that embeds a native Aqua version.

Thank you