List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    [Bitkeeper-users] strange revtool problem
From:       Ilan Finci <ifinci () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2003-12-28 11:28:16

Hi,
We have a big repository, that after a certain chengeset was added,
revtool stopped working with the following error message:

Error in startup script: can't use empty string as operand of "-"
     while executing
"expr {[lindex $bb 0] - 10}"
     (procedure "setScrollRegion" line 5)
     invoked from within
"setScrollRegion"
     (procedure "revtool" line 61)
     invoked from within
"revtool $fname $rev1"
     (procedure "startup" line 19)
     invoked from within
"startup"
     (file "/usr/bin/bitkeeper/revtool" line 3741)

We can say exactly what is the change set that cause the problem, and if
we undo it, revtool works again. The problem is that we need this change
set.

Commits after the specific change set works fine (not revtool of course,
but other bk tools).

Any idea how to fix this?

the version of BK we use is:
BitKeeper/Pro version is bk-3.0.1 20030115054233 for x86-glibc22-linux
Built by: lm@redhat71.bitmover.com in /build/bk-3.0.1-lm/src
Built on: Tue Jan 14 21:53:51 PST 2003

Thanks,
Ilan Finci