List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    [Bitkeeper-users] bk changes -e
From:       Larry McVoy <lm () bitmover ! com>
Date:       2003-12-12 22:54:44

I'd like to change the bk changes -e semantic to be the opposite of what
it is today.  The current semantic is that without -e "empty" merges
are not listed.  An "empty" merge is created when two or more changes
are created in parallel and then merged but none of the changes contain
overlapping files, i.e., only the ChangeSet file had parallel development.

The idea was that these are "uninteresting" or "noise" changesets and
people would rather not see them.  The problem is that sometimes you
want to see them and the current semantics are confusing.

In general, the far more useful option is "-m" which says "don't show
any merge changesets at all".  I use this quite a bit when hunting
around for a changeset.

Does anyone object if we flip the semantics on the -e option?