List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Re: [Bitkeeper-users] Is it free to enable bkWeb option?
From:       Wayne Scott <wscott () bitmover ! com>
Date:       2003-11-12 11:37:20

From: "Yu, Luming" <luming.yu@intel.com>
> Hi,
> I wanted to use bkWeb feature. After runing command " bk bkd -d -p5555 -xpush" \
> successfully, I tried access it  from IE, but I got below message:
> Error 503
>
> bkWeb option is disabled: This feature is not available in this version of \
> BitKeeper, to upgrade please contact sales@bitmover.com  _____
>
> bkhttp/0.3 server on http://myserver:5555/

From the manpage:

BK/WEB
       The  bkd  is  a  self contained http server which provides the optional
       BK/Web feature of BitKeeper.  In order for this feature to work, one of
       two things must be true:

       a)  The  bkd  must  be run at the root of a repository which contains a
           commercial license which has the BK/Web option enabled;
       b)  The bkd must be run on a machine which is directly connected to the
           Internet and the clone and pull commands cannot be disabled.

Look at b) above.  Can I get to http://myserver:5555/ from anywhere in
the Internet?  Is that port firewall'ed off?

-Wayne