List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Re: [Bitkeeper-users] CVS import preserving subdirs
From:       Alexy Khrabrov <braver () pobox ! com>
Date:       2003-10-08 16:45:04

A similar issue occurs when importing two cvs directories
into one bk package.

bk setup /bk/phd
bk import -tCVS /cvs/phd/bio /bk/phd/bio
import: /bk/phd/bio is not a directory, run setup first

However, when I just say
bk import -tCVS /cvs/phd/bio /bk/phd

bitkeeper places everything under the top, collapsing bio/,
but I want to iimport it as bk/phd/bio, then import another
directory as /bk/phd/r, etc.  I guess it also has something
to do with the way BK repos are organized -- apparently, as
opposed to CVS, it's not as easy as moving one directory into
another, but then how?  Hmm...

Cheers,
Alexy