List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Re: [Bitkeeper-users] Consistency check keep failing
From:       "Jason T. Collins" <moby1gnubie () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-08-25 17:31:29

>> Missing file (chk3)
>> tytso@mit.edu|tests/f_crashdisk/script|19970429145311|02119|79e00847
>> 100% |=================================================================|
>> FAILED
>> Consistency check failed, repository left locked.
>> WARNING: deleting orphan file /tmp/bk_clone2_n4BLVh
>>
>> I tried to clone another repository, and it would just hung up on consistency
>> check.
>>
>> The machine I am running this from is a node of a beowulf cluster. My home
>> directories is an NFS mount.  Is it possible that bitkeeper has a problem
>> with that?

Additionally, check that your home directory is mounted with the "hard"
option.  Using "soft" NFS mounts will frequently cause corruption of this
type when using BK, since BK's consistency check is so stressful on the
filesystem layer.

For example:

$ mount | grep ~
home.company.com:/export/home2/jcollins on /user/jcollins type nfs
(rw,nosuid,nodev,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,hard,intr,timeo=4,addr=127.0.0.1)

(IP/hostnames changed to protect the innocent).

As long as "hard" shows up in the list, you are safe.  See the NFS HOWTO
(http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/NFS-HOWTO/client.html) for more
information.

--
Jason T. Collins