List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    [Bitkeeper-users] Bk export feature proposal
From:       "Brown, Len" <len.brown () intel ! com>
Date:       2003-08-21 18:37:48

A feature that might be useful in a future enhancement to bk...

I find myself exporting patches based on changes between csets.
Right now I run revtool to view the cset tree, identify the appropriate
boxes by looking at the date, the owner, and then the cset comments.

Then I need to manually copy the cset revisions, A & B to the cmdline
where I $ bk export -tpatch -rA,B.

It is a disaster if I transcribe "A" or "B" incorrectly -- I get the
wrong patch.

So the proposal would be the ability to export a patch directly from
clicking on the boxes in the GUI.

Cheers,
-Len