List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Re: [Bitkeeper-users] Q: turning off the consistency checking?
From:       Chris Mason <mason () suse ! com>
Date:       2003-06-22 15:17:53

On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 02:10, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Does anyone know how I can turn off consistency checking after I do a
> pull?
>
> I tried editing BitKeeper/etc/config and adding "consistency_check:no"
> mostly as guesswork based on 'strings bk' but that didn't work.  I see
> there is also partial_check but I don't know what thats does and
> experimentation didn't have any noticeable results.

The consistency check is a good thing, I don't think it's a good idea to
always skip it.  But sometimes it's just a pain to sit through, so I
came up with this nasty perl script a while ago.  Edit the paths to
reflect your install

mv bk bk.real
cp bk.pl bk

export BK_SKIP_CHECK=1 when you don't want the checks.

-chris

["bk.pl" (bk.pl)]

#!/usr/bin/perl

my $command ;