List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Re: [Bitkeeper-users] patch against the parent
From:       Wayne Scott <wscott () bitmover ! com>
Date:       2003-06-12 11:27:07

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 12:10:43PM +0200, Dennis Haney wrote:
> Wayne Scott wrote:
> >If so just do this:
> >	bk export -tpatch -r`bk repogca`,+ > file
> >

> This seems to do the right thing. Albeit I have absolutely no idea
> why... And however did anyone come up with such a ridicilous command for
> such a simple thing?

Evolving interfaces are interesting things...

'bk export' can export any list of revisions.  It actually uses
'bk rset' to get that list and so it supports ranges like rset:

       -r<r1,r2> specify  the changeset range to show.  This will show
       		 all the files changed after  changeset <r1> up to
		 and including changeset <r2>.

The 'bk repogca' command will compare this repository with its parent
(or an optional URL) and returns the latest cset revision in the currect
tree that exists in the remote repository.  This is the Greatest Common
Ancestor of one repository and another.

Combining those two facts give you the command you were really wanting.

We just need to make sure those two facts are documented. ;-)

-Wayne