List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Re: [Bitkeeper-users] CVS importing with bk import
From:       Wayne Scott <wscott () bitmover ! com>
Date:       2003-05-30 14:45:10

From: Evan Powers <powers.161@osu.edu>
> A while ago I ran import on a cvs repository with the -A option, and what it
> seemed to do in my case was:
> 1) move every Attic file into the parent directory
> 2) do the same thing it does without -A
> 3) bk rm every file which started in the Attic

> In other words, it doesn't appear to do all that much. Mostly because CVS
> doesn't maintain enough information for it to do anything more.

That's a pretty fair summary.  CVS doesn't care if files are in the
Attic subdirectory or not.  It uses the 'dead' state in the revision
history to know the state of files.  The Attic is just left over from
and older version.  You want to enable the fix Attic code.

> I have no idea about the 1024b limit. ;-)

The code will truncate any file comments where one line is longer than
1024 bytes.  I believe this limitation is removed from the advanced
CVS import code that we offer to commercial customers...

-Wayne