List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Re: [Bitkeeper-users] revision numbering on linus-2.5
From:       Greg KH <greg () kroah ! com>
Date:       2003-04-18 21:14:44

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 02:09:59PM -0700, Arun Sharma wrote:

> The thing I don't understand is, how does bk decide to do the
> renumbering ?

It felt like it :)

> So why did bk decide to renumber torvalds changes instead of renumbering
> akpm's changes ? Because he made more changes than torvalds ?

Or because torvalds applied akpm's changes to torvalds's tree in akpm's
name.  Which is what he does.

But when he pulled my last USB changes, it renumbered all of his
previous changes and kept the numbers from me, because of the time when
I created my first change in that series.

In short, just ignore the revision numbering, it is meaningless from a
user standpoint.

greg k-h