List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Re: [Bitkeeper-users] check failed
From:       Wayne Scott <wscott () bitmover ! com>
Date:       2003-03-07 2:07:51

From: James Morris <jmorris@intercode.com.au>
> I was doing a bk pull from bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5

To a clean tree or with local csets?
Any locally edited files?
What version of bk and what platform?
(Always send the output of 'bk version')

> and got the following:
>
> [...]
> sound/pci/cs46xx/SCCS/s.dsp_spos_scb_lib.c
> sound/usb/SCCS/s.usbaudio.c
> Your repository should be back to where it was before the resolve started.
> We are running a consistency check to verify this.

This indicates that you aready hit an error in the part that you
snipped.  It is trying to recover from the problem and put everything
back where it belongs.

> arch/um/kernel/tt/SCCS/s.ksyms.c: bad delta on line 3, expected `^As ',
> line follows:
>         ``      bitmap_bh = read_inode_bitmap(sb, block_group);''
> arch/um/kernel/tt/SCCS/s.ksyms.c: No such file or directory

OK that is a problem.  That file doesn't contain anything line a SCCS
file.  Compare it to some other SCCS files.  I can't really guess why
it was corrupted.

> Check: found in ChangeSet but not found in repository:
>
> jdike@uml.karaya.com|arch/um/kernel/tt/ksyms.c|20021122045546|13434|92e62103675bc3e3

A side effect of the error above.

> Add keys to BitKeeper/etc/gone if the files are gone for good.
> To add all missing key to the gone file, use the following command:
>         "bk -r check -ag | bk gone -"
> Check FAILED, contact BitMover.
> resolve: RESYNC directory left intact.
>

> Any ideas?

I missed the output that might of explained what is happening.  Is the
problem repeatable?  Do you have lost work that needs to be recovered
or are you just reporting the bug?

I would guess you copy a new version of that file from another
repository and run check again and see if that fixes the problem.

Send me the full output if you have it.  And the
'BitKeeper/log/cmd_log' file.

-Wayne