List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    [Bitkeeper-users] Strange cmd-line error: 'more: can not expand path:'
From:       bhunt <bhunt () micron ! com>
Date:       2002-10-31 23:14:24

I've seen this message a few times while trying to run various command-line
bk tools. Most recently it happens with bk commit

Administrator@BHUNT ~/projects/ZoneOS/dhcp/dhcp-3.0pl1
$ bk commit -SAmbyx5_1_00
more: can not expand path:
c:/brett/programs/bitkee~1;c:/brett/programs/bitkee~1/gnu/bin;c:/cygwin/b
in;c:/cygwin/bin;c:/brett/programs/tcl/bin;c:/brett/programs/bitkeeper;c:/cy
gwin/bin;c:/cygwin/bin;c
:/cygwin/usr/local/bin;c:/cygwin/usr/x11r6/bin;c:/winnt/system32;c:/winnt

Then I have to hit Ctrl-Break to get it to respond again and return me to a
prompt. This consistently happens (it doesn't come and go, and it is always
with the same error with the same tools).

Other tools that seem to have this behavior,
  bk help
  bk pending
  bk changes (this one also returns changeset information after the error)

Administrator@BHUNT ~/projects/ZoneOS/dhcp/dhcp-3.0pl1
$ ls -l /bin/more
lrwxrwxrwx    1 Administ None           88 Oct 10 15:23 /bin/more -> less

This happens with bk 2.1 and 3.0 (but I suspect is more related to Cygwin).

Brett Hunt